How do you wire a rectifier

Old 07-27-06, 02:37 PM
How do you wire a rectifier

I took my electric mower to the shop a few weeks ago and they told me the rectifier needed to be replaced. I ordered the part and when I took the cover off the mower to replace the part, the guys at the shop had disconnected the wires so I have no idea how to reconnect them. The wires are white, orange, red and black. Can someone help with this repair?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-06, 04:41 PM
Terry:

I sorry I don't know about that one first hand but some possible info resources are:

The part store you ordered from - they may have tech support.

The part itself may have the markings on it to indicate the wire hookup or the part may come packaged with a schematic.

Hope this helps, good luck

Last edited by marbobj; 07-28-06 at 07:08 AM.
Old 07-27-06, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by Terry
I took my electric mower to the shop a few weeks ago and they told me the rectifier needed to be replaced. I ordered the part and when I took the cover off the mower to replace the part, the guys at the shop had disconnected the wires so I have no idea how to reconnect them. The wires are white, orange, red and black. Can someone help with this repair?
Unless you can get the schematic for the mower, the wire colors are meaningless. Maybe you can get the shop to tell you, since they removed the part.

Or you will need to trace the wires to their point of origin.

Two terminals on the rectifer are AC input, the other two are DC output, and they are almost always diagonally opposed.
They are also usually marked on top of the casing.