Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ryboi gas trimmer

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

07-28-06, 03:07 PM   #1  
Ryboi gas trimmer

OK Since I can't find my old thread I will have to start over.

I have a ryboi 18 inch cut 31cc model 790r with click-link(whatever that is)any way it would start and run at full power and when you let go it would idle.But go to give it power it dies rightaway. I sent the carb out.Got it back no change so the carb was not the problem. Checked the gasket between the 2 haves of the engine.Seems fine.Compression reads 105 PSI.The screws that hold the 2 halves together are tight.They take a allen wrench.So what do I check next.

Sponsored Links

TX

07-28-06, 07:48 PM   #2  
Sounds like it needs the low mixture screw turn out counterclockwise 1/16 inch at a time to richen the fuel

Jerry

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

07-28-06, 07:55 PM   #3  
This carb is non-adjustible.It has stops on the high and low screws.The only screw I can adjust is the idle.

CANADA

07-29-06, 04:12 AM   #4  
lexmarks567
The non adjustable screws that you have are most likely just plastic cover stops. These are so you can't adjust it too much once it is set. These should be removable. They should just pop off and you can adjust from there.

snoman

Search this Thread