snapper s31sst pull rope replacement

Old 07-30-06, 06:11 AM
snapper s31sst pull rope replacement

i have taken handle off and remove screws to housing but it wont slide off there is a silver piece in the way how do it come off, the piece is about 3 inches long half of it you can probaly put wrench other half smooth and round

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-06, 11:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I can't tell what exactly your problem is. Be a little more specific please. What won't slide off? What silver piece and where?

Old 07-31-06, 05:51 AM
the silver piece is attached to the shaft that goes into the motor on one end the other fits into the cable drive for the head i took off the handle assemble then undid the screws for the pull rope housing but the silver piece wont let me slide the housing off ///just called company they cant tell me how to remove it but the piece is call coupling drive

Last edited by stic; 07-31-06 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-31-06, 11:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ok, I got it. In the middle, there should be a hole where the cable goes. Down at the bottom of the hole is a screw. I think it's a torx head, probably t15 or t20. I can't recall if it's a left hand thread, or standard. If the shaft end of the engine turns counter-clockwise when you're looking at it from the boom end and pulling the rope, then the screw should be right hand threads. When you remove this, the clutch drum will come off, and there will be one or two clutches. You can drive these off using a brass punch and tapping them in the same direction you had to turn the drum screw to get it off. Then you can get the housing off the engine.