Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Campbell Hausfeld Power washer

08-01-06, 06:14 PM   #1  
Campbell Hausfeld Power washer

Can any one please help me with a power washer question. The engine runs fine but no pressure in the sprayer. I took the pump off and not realy sure what I would be looking for or how the thing works? Anyone

Sponsored Links

AL

08-02-06, 12:30 PM   #2  
Posted By: bwalters Can any one please help me with a power washer question. The engine runs fine but no pressure in the sprayer. I took the pump off and not realy sure what I would be looking for or how the thing works? Anyone
I've worked on many kinds of presure washers and sounds to me like the little springs in the pressure side has broken through the plastic cups and or the "O"rings is bad.But I've never heard of that brand......so I run a google search to see what it looked like.Here is what I come up with.Hope this helpsa little.But heres what I got under TROUBLESHOOTING #10:
Water flow may be restricted to the pressure washer because there is a kink in the garden hose or there is low water flow from main faucet/spigot. Make sure to open the faucet/spigot to full force. Set the spray wand to high pressure.

If the pressure washer has not been used for a while allow the water pressure to build up after the initial start. This allows trapped air inside of the pump to escape. Allow the washer to build up water pressure and then squeeze the trigger to release the water pressure. The washer will fluctuate in high and low pressure while it is trying to get the trapped air out of the pump. Repeat this until the trapped air has been released. Do not squeeze and hold the trigger for a long period of time to allow the pressure to be released. This will not allow the pressure to build up. Allow the pressure to build up, then release by squeezing the trigger. Once all of the trapped air is out of the pump the pressure washer will function properly in high pressure without fluctuations.

http://karcher-usa.com/index.php

but it still looks ????? to me.
GOOD LUCK maybe someone else has had experance on that brand.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-03-06, 10:56 PM   #3  
If water supply is sufficient, the unloader is the most likely culprit. If you can manage to get it out in one piece, take it out, clean and lube it and change the o-rings if needed.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread