XL12 chainsaw, manual oiler problem

Old 08-09-06, 07:08 AM
XL12 chainsaw, manual oiler problem

I have a Homelite XL12, UT 10445B, that I have had for 25 years, which does not have automatic chain oiling. The manual oiler knob does not pump oil like it used to. When it works, you can feel the restriction pumping it, as the oil come out. Now, I have to pump several times before I see the oil coming out, and most of the pumps have no restriction, like the oil tank was empty.
I had it serviced at a shop, and they cleaned out the oil line, but the guy didn't know how to service/replace the pump seal. That is the obvious problem, since it will pump, but not on very many strokes. I went to the website for Homelite, and I guess mine is too old for them.
Has anyone here had any experience with these?

Harry

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-06, 10:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I can't tell you about your particular model, but most I've messed with had a o-ring or two, a spring, and check ball under the plunger. That's about it I believe. Been a long time since I messed with a manual oiler.

Old 04-14-07, 08:19 AM
Oiler repair

Originally Posted by hwindle View Post
I have a Homelite XL12, UT 10445B, that I have had for 25 years, which does not have automatic chain oiling. The manual oiler knob does not pump oil like it used to. When it works, you can feel the restriction pumping it, as the oil come out. Now, I have to pump several times before I see the oil coming out, and most of the pumps have no restriction, like the oil tank was empty.
I had it serviced at a shop, and they cleaned out the oil line, but the guy didn't know how to service/replace the pump seal. That is the obvious problem, since it will pump, but not on very many strokes. I went to the website for Homelite, and I guess mine is too old for them.
Has anyone here had any experience with these?

Harry
Harry,
I just noticed your thread. I'm a little late but here it goes. I just repaired my homelite XL12, model UT 10445B. Take the plunger out by taking out the two screws on the saw handle. Take off that half of the handle and inside you will see a pin. Pull out the pin until you can pull out the plunger. Replace the O ring on the plunger and reinstall in reverse order. It should work fine. I had exactly the same problem. Good luck!