Need Help W/Snapper!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-06, 12:50 PM
Need Help W/Snapper!

I need some help, I have Snapper lawn tractor with a 42in cut Hydrostatic trans. 16hp Briggs. This mower has all this safety stuff to kill the engine built into the wiring harness. Well the wiring harness needs to be replaced now. HOW DO I WIRE THE MOWER STRIAGHT UP JUST TO RUN AND CUT> I want to cut the wireing harness off and start over. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-06, 01:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't think that you will get the answers you want here. Defeating safety devices is not a good idea and could result in serious injury to you or someone else.

Old 08-11-06, 01:33 PM
What

Defeating safety devices is not a good idea and could result in serious injury to you or someone else.
Well I didn't remember asking your opionion wheather or not it was I good idea and could result in an injury. To many safety devices on this mower. How come other mower's don't have this many. By the way "Goldstar" how many does your mower have.
5 or less if so, maybe you should consider selling it and getting a device that is safe... If you don't know how just say so..
Thanks More input needed.

Old 08-11-06, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Hogwild6337
Defeating safety devices is not a good idea and could result in serious injury to you or someone else.
Well I didn't remember asking your opionion wheather or not it was I good idea and could result in an injury. To many safety devices on this mower. How come other mower's don't have this many. By the way "Goldstar" how many does your mower have.
5 or less if so, maybe you should consider selling it and getting a device that is safe... If you don't know how just say so..
Thanks More input needed.
Lippin' off to people who are honestly trying to be helpful isn't the way to get "more input".

Old 08-11-06, 02:58 PM
No need to get ornery here. As Goldstar indicated, you'll likely find no help here to do this...Liability issues. 'Well, Mr. Attorney, this guy on this cool website recommended I do this and this and that...And now I can't work for the rest of my life thanks to my missing left foot'. You can understand, I hope. I'd recommend finding a local shadetree guy/gal who's versed in 12 volt wiring and pick his/her brain. I can say that it is fairly simple if you don't have an electric clutch and you want nothing more than to start the engine, shut down the engine and charge the battery. But that's all I'll say, sorry to say Hogwild.

Old 08-11-06, 05:50 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Also Lippin off to members is a good way to get yourself banned.

Old 08-11-06, 05:54 PM
I don't want to be named as a defendant at the civil trial either. These safety devices have been added in recent years to try to protect the manufacturers from endless lawsuits. And if we give the answer here, it's not just you we have to worry about, but anyone that reads this, does it, and then cuts off his foot and then speed dials his attorney with one of his remaining 4 fingers.

Old 08-11-06, 05:55 PM
Hello Hogwild and welcome to the forums. Unfortunatly we will not give information on defeating safety features. I'm sure there are places that will but we can't allow it.

Please don't get the wrong idea, we will go indepth and take the extra mile to help but just not in that direction.

Closed Thread