Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Changing a Tecumseh flywheel

08-12-06, 09:08 AM   #1  
Changing a Tecumseh flywheel

I have a Tecumseh HM100 159409P 10 hp engine for a generator. I would like to put a electric starter on it but the flywheel is smooth. I believe the flywheel model # is 611090? What I want to know is, can I change the flywheel to accomodate the starter. There is a place on the side of the engine to put a starter. Also if I can change the flywheel could you include the #.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by revenelle; 08-14-06 at 01:09 PM.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-13-06, 08:42 PM   #2  
You could replace the flywheel, add a starter, but then you'd also need to install a charging stator, or it will not keep the battery charged. You'll also need a battery, solenoid, and keyswitch. With this kind of money for parts (unless you're getting them used) and the amount of work required, it would probably be almost as economical to buy one with electric start on it already. I only mention this in case you haven't looked at the prices of these parts yet.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

08-14-06, 01:08 PM   #3  
This is for a back up generator and I can get the parts real cheap. I would like to know what kind of flywheel I would need.

Thanks

Search this Thread