Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Crftsman 17.5hp shuts off, won't move, etc..

08-13-06, 04:45 PM   #1  
Crftsman 17.5hp shuts off, won't move, etc..

Craftsman Lawn Tractor, 17.5hp, 2yrs old, here's the problem. Starts fine, throttles up fine, when put in gear and release the clutch it shuts off, not only that, while in neutral and you engage the blade deck it shuts off then too. Is that a transmission problem or a some kind of safety sensor that's gone bad?? Help, my grass is knee-high by now!!! Thanks for any information anyone could provide.

Sponsored Links

CANADA

08-13-06, 07:17 PM   #2  
nogade
From what you wrote, I would check or replace the seat safety switch first....it sounds like the common denominator.

snoman

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-13-06, 08:19 PM   #3  
Correct. Refer to this link (it is 2 pages long, and you can view the second page by clicking on (2) at the bottom of the page). It discusses this very problem. It's long winded though...some people take a whole lot of coaxing.
http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=271847

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

08-14-06, 04:45 AM   #4  
Thanks Snoman and Cheese, I'll check it out today and hopefully this is the extent of my problem. I really do appreciate the feeback and thanx again for your assistance. Have a good one.

08-14-06, 06:43 PM   #5  
Thanks Snoman and Cheese, you guys were right on the money!! That did it!! I didn't actually replace the seat switch, all I did was check to ensure that it was connected and seated good and it turns out that it was just loose!! Thank you again.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-14-06, 09:29 PM   #6  
Great! Glad we could help! Sometimes you have to tie/strap the connector tight to the switch to keep it tight.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread