Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

rope starter hard to pull

08-21-06, 07:16 AM   #1  
rope starter hard to pull

got this b&s 8hp engine mod#190402 type051701, and it starts but doesnt stay runninning, i'll play with the carb because i know this is a fuel problem. what i want to know is what would be the cause of the rewind being so hard to pull. i took the breather off and saw that the valves had a lot of carbon build up around them, but they were working alright. any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-21-06, 08:17 AM   #2  
Azis
Well don't forget ur pullin on 8 ponies, they do pull a bit harder than the standard push mower engines. But if ne doubt I would remove the recoil assy/shroud and see if it is the recoil or the engine. If it has old cord on it, the big thick stuff, might change that out...

NY

08-21-06, 08:35 AM   #3  
Possible sources of "hard/difficult pull": Engine seizure in progress (crank bearing(s), connecting rod bearing, or, piston/rings to cylinder); Excessive carbon build-up in the combustion chamber; Rewind starter issues; Unusually viscous (thick) oil; Or, external parasitic load (PTO end).

08-21-06, 10:38 AM   #4  
thanks, will look further into your suggestions.

Search this Thread