Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Collapsed Primer Bulb on String Trimmer

MO

08-30-06, 02:40 PM   #1  
Collapsed Primer Bulb on String Trimmer

I was using the trimmer(Poulan Pro SM 132), it acted as though it ran out of gas but when I started to add more fuel it wasn't empty but I added more anyway. The bulb was empty so I started to prime it but when I did after a couple pumps the bulb collapsed and remained that way and would not pump. I replaced the fuel line with the filter/pickup in early spring. I thought I would post this before I start taking it apart and then find it wasn't necessary. Thanks in advance for your assistance and have a nice day. Geo

Sponsored Links

08-30-06, 04:56 PM   #2  
Dunno the specifics of your engine, but most primer bulbs are easily and cheaply replaced...if it's collapsed and not returning to shape, it's prolly dead.

Last edited by DIYaddict; 08-30-06 at 07:13 PM. Reason: removed quote as it's unnecessary to quote the entire post that's directly above yours

Visiting Guest

08-30-06, 08:04 PM   #3  
Azis
If the bulb stays collapsed it usually means there is a restriction between the fuelfilter, line out to the carb, or the carb itself. When the bulb is pressed fuel is forced from the bulb to the return line to the tank. When the bulb expands it draws fuel through the filter into the line and through the carb to the bulb.
Check the filter and lines, although I would suspect the carb itself is restricted. Will require removing the carb and cleaning it and installing a gasket kit.

Search this Thread