Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Charging circut for Kawasaki motor

MA

08-30-06, 04:28 PM   #1  
Charging circut for Kawasaki motor

This is my first post and I just want to say Hi to everyone before i get into my problem. I have a old 52 in John Deer electric start wb mower that i picked up. It has a new 17 hp kawasaki motor(FC540v -KSO3) on it. I believe this mower was made for John Deer by Bunton. I am trying to get the charging to work on it. A lot of the wires have been cut and it looks like some of them were burnt and replaced. Im not even sure thay are conected to the right connecters. I want to rewire it just so it starts and charges. The safety switches have all been removed or disconnected. The voltage regulator has 6 terminals comming out of it and i would like to find a wireing schematic to rewire the mower.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-30-06, 07:53 PM   #2  
Azis
If you have a new model engine on an old model mower, I won't be able to help ya much. Here is a url for John Deere's parts and manuals:
http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

You may find something usefull there if the very least customer support.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-30-06, 09:28 PM   #3  
Sorry, Can't help with a schematic. The kawasaki should have 2 stator wires. They can be connected to most any small engine type of voltage regulator that accepts 2 AC inputs. I've used a Kohler regulator on a kawasaki before. 2 inputs, one out.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MA

08-31-06, 11:41 AM   #4  
The motor is about a year old,it is the same size kawasaski motor that was on it before only a newer model. I checked the two black wires coming out of the stator and at normal running speed it is puting out 13.49 volts ac on each wire. I guess I'll look for a voltage regulator to see if that does the trick.
Mike

Search this Thread