Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

mower won't move

08-30-06, 05:40 PM   #1  
mower won't move

I have a poulan / weedeater riding mower with a hydrogear transmission. Top pulley turns by belt, but mower does not move in F-N-R. Linkeage appears to be intact. Small lever with broken spring under pulley, to the left, is only obvious problem. But I can not see where the spring had attached. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
ffej

Sponsored Links

Non-US

08-30-06, 07:05 PM   #2  
It would probaly help the pros on this site if you included the model # of you're mower. I've worked on several Poulans, but some are different from others!!

08-31-06, 05:29 PM   #3  
Mower won't move

My model # is 733-864,the serial # is HD145H42J. Poulan/weedeater. It is 1998 model.Thank you,ffej.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-01-06, 12:43 AM   #4  
There should be 3 levers. One is the brake, one is the F/N/D lever, and one is the relief valve. If the relief valve is engaged, the pump will not drive the axles. This may be the lever you're describing with the broken spring?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

09-03-06, 05:34 PM   #5  
mower won't move

Thanks Cheese,the transmission had a tag with bar codes and numbers.It was made by Hydro-gear in Sullivan Il. I called them with the bar code numbers talked to Dan,who told me that lever in question was indeed a relief valve,which when ingaged would allow me to push the mower. Thanks again,ffej

Search this Thread