Toro Recycler runs for only 1 min 30 secs then quits

Old 09-04-06, 09:42 AM
Toro Recycler runs for only 1 min 30 secs then quits

I have an almost brand new (2006) Toro Recycler that runs for about 1 min and 30 secs then the engine promptly quits. There is no sputtering whatsever. It just dies. I have gone through all the usual things, gas cap, air filter, checked the carb floats, cleaned out the fuel line, used fresh gas, cleaned the little pin in the carb system. The interesting thing is that I can keep the engine running if I continue to push the prime bulb every ten seconds or so. It seems like some kind of fuel line problem. I hope somebody can help. I'd take it down to the local dealer, but I'd have to leave it for a couple of weeks.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-06, 12:20 PM
dirty carb

You need to clean the carb there is a passage blocked in the carb. If you post the model we can give you better info.

AJ

Old 09-06-06, 02:30 PM
Wink

You can type in toro operators and parts manuals and down load the manual you need to repair your mower.

Jerry

Old 09-06-06, 04:27 PM
Have you tried pressing and HOLDING the primer bulb to see if it stays running? I found that in some cases, the primer bulb creates an alternate route for the fuel.

Old 09-06-06, 06:15 PM
Take it back to the dealer before you mess around and void the warranty, 2 weeks isn't very long when you consider something is really wrong and when you do take it in you get, sorry you shouldn't have done such and such. Have a nice day. Geo

Old 09-07-06, 03:10 AM
I agree with Geo to a certain extent. I believe you have trash in the carburetor and this would not be covered by warranty. Generally, you should always return the mower for service to a dealer during the warranty period, but, this MAY not be a warranty situation.