Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Briggs & Stratton smoking

OH

09-18-06, 04:27 AM   #1  
Briggs & Stratton smoking

I have a 6.5 H.P. Briggs on a Toro mower that is blowing white smoke when I mow. It seems to blow out the exhaust when I am going forward and then stop to make a turn.
I have taken it to the dealer and they said that they could find nothing wrong. They let it run for two hours and that it ran fine and did not use any oil. They did not run it under load as I suggested.
This cost me 40 dollars as they said it was not a warranty covered item.
The same day I took it home from this so called service I mowed my lawn and it started smoking. I took pictures but the smoke does not show up very well on the pictures.
It also consumed oil as the stick showed full when I started and dropped down about an eighth of an inch from the full mark when I was done.
The mower is still under warranty .
I called a anther toro dealer but they said I should take it where I bought it.
Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-18-06, 06:46 AM   #2  
Azis
Posted By: Denny I have taken it to the dealer and they said that they could find nothing wrong. They let it run for two hours and that it ran fine and did not use any oil. They did not run it under load as I suggested.

I called a anther toro dealer but they said I should take it where I bought it.
Any suggestions?
Two hours I find hard to believe LOL, however I can believe they do not have a patch of grass to spend 5 minutes in

Where did you buy it? Unless out of area or some reason that should be the first place to start. They may even have had other returns for similar reasons.
The most I think you should do, since it is still under waranty, Change the oil in case there is any contamination, and maybe note what the spark plug looks like, oil fouled? Carbon is it black tan white?.....? Any thing else and it should (IMO) be a warranty item.

Search this Thread