7 HP Snow King engine help needed

Old 09-19-06, 12:23 AM
7 HP Snow King engine help needed

I have a 7 HP Snow King (Tecumseh model HSK 70) engine off a snow thrower that I hope to recycle as the snow thrower was put away apparently with salt too many times and is now rusted out and unusable.

The engine seems to have good compression but was a rusty mess to look at. I took all the sheetmetal off and removed the rust and repainted, dismantled the carb for cleaning, replaced fuel lines and primer line, installed a recoil start rope (it has 120 volt starter also) - unfortunately - I lost track of the correct position of the throttle linkage, governor linkage. Too much time passed as I worked on this plus my memory has let me down.

Okay, what do I need help with - two things, 1. correct position (hole locations) for the throttle linkage. Photos would be great! And 2. the correct head bolt torque value. I know I should have checked with a torque wrench before removing the head bolts to get at the sheetmetal but I didn't. Can anyone help me with these two items so I can complete this project? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-06, 03:10 AM
I'm not savvy enough to link to photos but I do know engines. So, The head torque is 200 inch lbs. As for the governor & throttle linkages I'll do my best to convey the correct postion. The governor link is in the hole closest to the engine on the governor arm and goes to the third hole down on the left column of holes in the speed control bracket (this bracket is positioned upward to be correct, by the way) and the throttle link goes from the top hole on the right column of the speed control bracket and goes to the top-left hole in the throttle shaft on the carburetor, as noted with the throttle in the wide open throttle position (counterclockwise-rotation). Hopefully, you didn't mess with the static governor adjustment and will not have to readjust this. This adjustment would be necessary if you loosened the screw that holds the governor arm to the governor shaft. If you do, in fact, need to readjust this, the procedure is loosen the screw, hold the throttle at wide open throttle position and rotate the governor shaft counterclockwise applying light pressure and tighten the screw back down. Also, if needed, the flywheel torque is 58 foot lbs.

Old 09-19-06, 04:08 AM
You've probably already thought of this, but if this engine isn't going on another snowblower it will need an air filter.
Mike

Old 09-19-06, 11:09 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
Might find some pics in this manual

http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf

Old 09-19-06, 01:12 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
This has been more help than I expected. The description (without pictures) was right-on but was confirmed by a couple of photos in the pdf.
I hear you on the air cleaner and I can probably get rid of the heat shield for summer use too. I don't have the key for the switch on it anyway. Thank you fellows, I'm one happy camper.

Old 09-20-06, 03:13 AM
You're welcome and be sure to stop by again if you have any further trouble.