Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Overhaul manual for a 14.5 INTEK

09-26-06, 11:54 AM   #1  
Overhaul manual for a 14.5 INTEK

What Im looking for is a manual to guide me through the process or a rebuild. I cant seem to find one that definitely helps with overhauling.

I dont know whats wrong with it. Maybe a dropped valve. My father in law gave me his craftsman mower. It would be a shame to get rid of it since my mower is on its last leg anyway.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-26-06, 11:51 PM   #2  
I don't know of a published step-by-step walkthrough of the rebuild. Other than using a service manual, you might just search the net for someone's description of the process, but then how would you know if they did it right? Do you have any knowledge of small engines and their internals?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

09-27-06, 02:59 AM   #3  
If it helps, the Briggs service manual is part number 272147 and can be purchased at any local Briggs dealer.

09-27-06, 05:05 AM   #4  
I've rebuilt small block chevys and done some small go cart engines but thats been years ago. Like many engines, they are getting more elaborate, whether it works or not.

I'll check the Briggs service shops in town for the best manual for the job. I think Chiltons makes one but it applies to several models and may be vague where I need it to be specific.

Thanks for the help.

Search this Thread