Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Stubborn leaf blower

MD

10-09-06, 04:02 PM   #1  
Stubborn leaf blower

Inherited a small Craftman leaf blower. It is about 12 years old and has rearly been used. It has always been a pain in the butt to start but recently almost impossible. Had it tuned up at the begining of the year (new plug, filter, etc). It did start a bit easier once or twice but has returned to its ways.

I can get it to turn over and catch for a few seconds, however, it doesn't stay running very long. It has a sliding choke with is a bit tricky however, it shouldn't be as difficult as it is to start. Once it is running and warmed up.. it runs great.

I'm about ready to toss it in the trash and buy a one, however, would really like to get more use out of this blower.

Any suggestions or tricks for getting these small engines running?

Thanks!!
Scott

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-10-06, 12:11 AM   #2  
Probably a fuel related problem. There should be two small screws side by side on the carb. Back out the one closest to the air filter 1/8 to 1/4 turn and see if it improves. If not, you may need to clean the carb.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

10-12-06, 04:23 AM   #3  
I had a problem with my Craftsman leaf blower being hard to start and noticed the carb assembly was "loose"....took it apart and found two hidden bolts that, once tightened, starts everytime now. Originally I thought the looseness was just the plastic cover over the carb assembly but the carb itself was what was loose.

Search this Thread