Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

tecumseh small tiller

10-12-06, 02:13 AM   #1  
tecumseh small tiller

engine won't start unless I use starting fluid, and then stops when starting fluid is gone.

Sponsored Links

10-12-06, 05:17 AM   #2  
you got spark so its a fuel delivery problem. best bet the carb needs a good cleaning and fresh gas.if that doesnt do it post back with engine model and make and the pros' will get you going for sure.

10-12-06, 06:40 AM   #3  
I'd also agree..... carb problem, and or no fuel getting to the carb..., easiest thing to check is if gas is getting to the carb.
Take the fuel line off at the carb (while pinching it) and let it go real quick in a can and watch for a good flow....., little trickle is no good.

If thats good, then onto the carb.. I'd go ahead and get a carb rebuild kit and take the carb off and apart and soak it in carb cleaner for a couple hours, and blow all the holes out with air (can do that with carb cleaner as a little extra insurance along with the air)

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-12-06, 12:13 PM   #4  
A little info might help...is this a little 2-stroke tiller, or larger? Engine size and model?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread