Choke Position Toro Snowblower

Old 10-16-06, 02:48 PM
Choke Position Toro Snowblower

Bear with me,, I'm a bit of a novice on small engines. I have a Toro CCR2000, model 38185. When I pull the choke out, the carb "flap" closes, when I push it in, it opens. Is this correct,, or backwards? Also the ignition wires broken, obviously one is the ground but does it matter which "tab" their plugged onto??
Also when I hit the primer,, no gas comes outta the carb, would that mean theres a hole in the primer hose? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-06, 03:33 PM
In choke open, out choke valve closed this is correct.

If your refering to the kill switch, then it should not matter which tab it is connected to.

If there is a hole in the primer hose the primer will not work, but there could also be a problem with your carburetor causing the primer not to work

Old 10-16-06, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by 30yearTech
In choke open, out choke valve closed this is correct.

If your refering to the kill switch, then it should not matter which tab it is connected to.

If there is a hole in the primer hose the primer will not work, but there could also be a problem with your carburetor causing the primer not to work
Hmmmmm, I have a smaller Toro 200 also where the choke position is the opposite of what you described. That's what made me think it was backwards. Is there something in particular that could be wrong with the carb that would cause the primer to not function?

Old 10-16-06, 03:54 PM
A stuck float, or a gummed up main jet could keep fuel from entering the carburetor.

If the unit has not been run in a long time and had any fuel in the carburetor, it is very possible that the either of the two if not both of the conditions I mentioned may be present in your carburetor.

Search this Thread