Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Briggs and stratton pressure washer not starting..

NJ

10-20-06, 03:51 PM   #1  
Briggs and stratton pressure washer not starting..

Hello all i just needed some help on my pressure washer which i havent used for over two years and after a nice carb spray cleanup it just wont start. After adding the cleaner and pull the starter cord it fires up for 30 seconds and it shuts off completely no matter how many times i pull the cord. Does anyone think that the 2 year old oil is causing this? Please any help will be appreciated. Thanks alot

Sponsored Links

TX

10-20-06, 04:03 PM   #2  
No, your oil is not causing this although it should be changed if it is 2 years old.

The problem sounds like it is still your carburetor. Did you take the carburetor apart to clean? If not then the main jet and or nozzle could be plugged up.

Is the fuel in the tank fresh? Also check and make sure it is flowing into the carburetor.

NJ

10-20-06, 07:29 PM   #3  
briggs and stratton power washer not starting

Thanks for replying.. Yes the gas is fresh but i did not check if the gas is flowing in to the carb.. Do i look through the choke to see if it is flowing in? Thanks again

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-21-06, 03:31 AM   #4  
Remove the bowl and see if gas is filling the bowl. Did you take the carb apart?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NJ

10-21-06, 07:40 AM   #5  
briggs not starting

Thanks i noticed that gas is not flowing. I took out the carb removed the bottom bowl and it had calcium deposits. I used an air compressor on the gas inlet and the air wont go through! It must be that one of those tiny tubes are clogged. Thanks for the help all.

NJ

10-21-06, 11:05 AM   #6  
briggs and stratton pressure washer not starting

Just to let everyone know that with your help i was able to find that the carburetor was clogged with white calcium deposits and i was able to loosen and clean all of the moving parts. Thanks again everyone for the help!

Search this Thread