Craftsman riding mower model 42E707 starter

Old 10-28-06, 02:59 AM
Craftsman riding mower model 42E707 starter

I have a Craftsman riding mower model 42E707. It makes a single click when I attempt to start it. I have already replaced the battery and checked all the safety relays. I believe it needs to have the starter replaced. Can anyone give me information on how to replace the starter?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-06, 05:32 AM
that's a Briggs & Stratton model number.The model number to your craftsman tractor will be on a little sticker under the seat.

First,before you come to any conclutions make sure that all the battery cables,and all the other termals are clean.And it might be just a bad solenoid.Touch a screwdriver to the two lugs on top (the one coming off of the battery,to the one going to the starter) with the ignition switch on.And then I"d look at the starter if this doesn't work and you know that the battery and safty switches are good.

But to change the starter.just remove the big cable going to the bottom and the two 1/2" bolts at the top of the starter,under the little plastic gear guard on the side of the blower housing to the engine.

Old 11-01-06, 12:13 PM
Any progress, yardjock?