snowthrower throttle control

Old 11-08-06, 05:51 AM
D
djt
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
snowthrower throttle control

I have a craftsman 9hp electric start dual stage snowthrower model # 536.887992.When igo to use the throttlecontrol from slow to fast it does not seem like it moves.Is there springs that are supposed to be attached to the throttle.Would this cause it not to start.I have a electric start and a recoil starter.The electric start just whines when i try to start it and the manual start does not turn it over.It has a new spark plug.What would i have to do to get it started.

Old 11-08-06, 11:43 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Is the engine seized? As for the throttle control, does it actually move but you get no response or does it actually not move at all? Are you able to run the engine? How then are you starting it? FYI, in your case (since it's a Sears product) we can find the engine numbers needed for advising you but in the future, if you have engine issues please post the engine ID numbers. The number you posted is the chassis number. We need some more details on your woes in order to help you out better. The only spring is the governor spring which is integral to the speed control (throttle) bracket and this must be intact to function properly. Check to be sure the throttle shaft on the carburetor is not "frozen" as it may have extensive varnish build-up keeping it from moving properly. Sounds like you have several issues in need of attention. Answer each and every question I've posed and check all the areas I've mentioned and post back.

Old 11-09-06, 07:20 AM
D
djt
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question snowthrower throttle control

The engine is not seized.It is a 4 cycle engine #143.049001.The electric start just whines when i try to start it.When i try to use the manuel pull it wont turn over.When i try to move the throttle control from slow to fast it does not seem like anything moves.That is why i think there is a spring missing.The engine will not start.Thanks

Old 11-09-06, 09:56 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the answers and it sounds as though the electric starter motor gear is jammed into the flywheel. Pull the starter off and have a look at it and lube the spiraled shaft lightly with a spray lubricant. Bench test it before you mount it back up. With the starter off the engine, be sure the rewind starter is OK as it should be, if I'm correct in my diagnosis, that is. Before you remount the elec starter be sure the mounting threads are in good shape so that the starter mounts securely. The bottom two are the most critical as the top two are merely slip fits as you will notice once removed from the engine but be sure these (shoulder bolts) are secured well to the block.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: