Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ryobi trimmer 725R 31CC 17"

11-11-06, 03:19 PM   #1  
Ryobi trimmer 725R 31CC 17"

I just picked up a Ryobi trimmer 725R 31CC 17" from the pawn shop in town, but it didnt have any fuel lines attached... I have line to use, and inside the tank there is a fuel filter. Do both lines that leave the gas tank both then up connecting to the carb? There is two connections on the carb, one on top, and one under it. Do the two lines that are connected to the tank both need fuel filters? Thanks for your help,
Tommy

UPDATE: I have connected both fuel lines from the gas tank directly to the carb, bypassing the primer. The engine started and ran fine, except it is leaking fuel from the intake on the carb. I killed the engine, and picked it up, and fuel just dumped out... Did the primer act as a fuel shutoff switch also? Thanks

Last edited by tremmert; 11-11-06 at 03:37 PM.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-11-06, 10:04 PM   #2  
No, the primer just pumps fuel through the carb to help start it quickly. It sounds to me like the needle is not closing/sealing in the carb.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

11-14-06, 02:16 PM   #3  
Ok, I will try taking off the carb and soaking it in gas to see if that helps... Do you know if both lines to the carb cary gas? Only one line has a fuel filter, and the other does not. Both lines go from gas tank to carb... Is this correct?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-14-06, 10:11 PM   #4  
Correct. The smaller of the 2 lines has the fuel filter. Soaking the carb in gas won't help anything though. You'll need to soak it in a bath type carb cleaner if you want to soak it in something to clean it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread