Toro snowblower problems.

Old 11-17-06, 10:43 PM
Toro snowblower problems.

Hi guys, first post here. I have a Toro S 200 snowblower I am trying to get running. It has good spark, but won't start, even if I squirt a little starting fluid into the plug hole. This leads me to believe that it is a carburetor problem. What gets me is that this carb only has 1 adjustment screw, instead of the usual 3 or 4. Does anyone know how many turns out that screw should be?

Thanks for the help guys,
Hunter

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-06, 11:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Hunter and welcome to DIY!

Unfortunately (or maybe that's "fortunately") I don't know much about snowblowers. We don't need 'em down here in the deep south. An engine is an engine though, but I don't know what engine it has on it. Is it 2 or 4 stroke? The fact that it doesn't start with starter fluid indicates that it might have an ignition or compression problem to me. I'll wait for more detailed info on the engine before venturing any more guesses.

Old 11-19-06, 04:33 PM
Thanks Cheese, it's a 2 stroke...I believe it is a 40:1 mix. I thought about the compression problem, but it is harder to turn over with the plug screwed in, so I figured compression was OK. I am still baffled as to why it doesn't have high and low speed adjustments...there is only one adjustment screw and I can't figure out where it should be set at. I'd appreciate any insight you could give me.

Thanks,
Hunter

Old 11-19-06, 08:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Try again, but with a little gas/oil mix instead of starting fluid. Just a little. If it starts momentarily, then you have a fuel problem. If not, there's more checking to be done.

Old 11-20-06, 07:09 AM
I Just Picked One Up From A Freind That Didnt Want It. It Wasnt Running Either. Throughly Clean The Carb, Maybe Change The Diapham $12.00, And From Litely Seated, Turn The Mix Screw Out 1 1/4 Turn Out. Should Get It Going.COULDNT GET IT GOING RIGHT AWAY THUOGH. HAD TO CLEAN THE CARB TWICE, THE OLD GAS MIX WAS LIKE GLUE AND REALLY CLOGED THE CARB GOOD.