Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

John Deere F525 Fuel Pump

12-07-06, 11:29 PM   #1  
John Deere F525 Fuel Pump

Hello all & Cheese: The fuel pump on this John Deere F525 is feeding a Kawasaki 17-20 hp engine but it is pumping real weak! It isn't filling the bowl fast enough to keep the engine running! Is their a rebuild kit available? If so where should I look for it OTHER THAN MY LOCAL JOHN DEERE supplier?

Briggs has a fuel pump that is almost identical and the book indicates it will work with Several Kawasaki & Kohler engines. My F525 is not listed so here's my question: Will this fuel pump work for me? It is a LOT cheaper and I suspect the F525 is not listed because of it age? I know I don't have enough info for anybody to know for sure...I'm just looking for a "Best Guess"? As always thanks in advance for the help! Ron

Sponsored Links

TX

12-08-06, 04:32 AM   #2  
If your talking about the round plastic pump that operates from crankcase pulse then YES it will work, I use them all the time. They are about 1/3 less then the price of the pump from Kawasaki and it's the same pump. These pumps are sealed and no kit is available, if its the one I am thinking about.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-09-06, 12:42 AM   #3  
Hi Ron!

Your pump should be an aluminum pump with 3 hose fittings, and is serviceable. Rebuild kits are available for them at any deere dealer. Yes, the briggs pump will work in its place.

Sometimes, you can take the pump apart, clean it out, clean the brass vent on the outer cover, and reassemble with success if the diaphragms are in good shape.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread