Honda Harmony II HRS216 Won't start

Old 12-18-06, 03:32 PM
Honda Harmony II HRS216 Won't start

Hello,
I have a Honda Harmony II lawnmower that will not start. When you pull the rope, it feels like there is no compression and sometimes white smoke will puff out of the exhaust along with puffing sounds especially when the choke is engaged. I have checked the spark plug and it is in place. I know the piston is moving. I removed the OHV cover and turned the flywheel slowly. It looks like both valves are moving like they should. I am wondering if it is a blown head gasket and how hard it is to replace the head gasket. A diagram of the engine with head gasket removal/replacement would be very helpful.
Thanks In Advance
Michael

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-06, 05:03 PM
It's possible that it's a blown head gasket, I would look closer at the valves however. A sticking valve can cause a problem like this, look for excessive valve clearance on either of the valves when the engine is at top dead center on the compression stroke.

Old 12-28-06, 04:39 PM
Question

I am rather a novice to this. I have a borrowed a feeler gauge and ready to check the clearance of the valves. How do I do this? Is it really involved? I can remove the valve cover easily. I can see the 2 valves and the timing belt. Where do I put the gauge to measure the clearance?
Thanks for the help.

Old 12-28-06, 07:25 PM
Measure the clearance between the rocker arm and the valve with the engine at top dead center on the compression stroke (both valves closed)

Old 12-30-06, 01:50 PM
It is NOW RUNNING!!!!!!

Hi 30YR,
Thankyou so much for your Help and advice. I did exactly what you said and there was alot of clearance between the rocker arm and valve on one of the valves. Valve was not moving when I would turn the flywheel. What I did was I re-Adjusted the adjuster screw on top of the rocker arm, turned the fly again slowly, and this freed up the sticking valve. Then I re-adjusted it back to where it was and now I could barley move the flywheel, I now Compression and the Mower runs like it did before. I couldnt believe my ears when she fired up.
Thankyou so much.
Mcunningham37