Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Self-Propel Cable fraying

12-20-06, 05:39 AM   #1  
Self-Propel Cable fraying

I have a Toro 20016 self-propel walk behind mower. After two years of use, the self-propel cable is fraying. (This seems to be the first thing that breaks on all of my lawn mowers - maybe I'm too lazy and use it too much). Anyway, is it possible to replace it? And if so, where in the world can I find a replacement cable? I've searched the internet and cannot find anything.

Many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

TX

12-20-06, 07:57 AM   #2  
Yes, the cable can be replaced.

The Toro part number you need is 105-1845 and shows to be $10.99 + shipping

You can purchase Toro Parts at the address listed below

http://www.sepw.com/pages/Home/Default.htm

Or I am sure you can find parts at many other suppliers on the internet.

12-20-06, 09:05 AM   #3  
You are AWESOME. THANKS!!!!

MS

06-02-09, 04:57 PM   #4  
Cable proble...me too

I have a Toro 20012 that the propelling cable has broken on. The big problem with me is that I can't identify the part number. Mine is a 2006 recycling mower, serial # 260003443. Would the part number that you suggested work on mine?

MS

06-05-09, 11:36 AM   #5  
Next step

Hey. Thanks. I got the replacement cable and am ready to replace it. The cable has a pivot stop hunk of black plastic that is connected to the cross-member bail that APPEARS has to come off so I can remove and replace the cable top that has an L-shaped piece of metal. I can't maneuver the little L-shaped metal with the pivot stop attached. Can anyone who is a Toro mechanic tell me whether the pivot stop can be pried off. It's really tight.Would WD-40 help? I don't want to break the pivot stop because the parts depot is 47 miles away. Help?

Search this Thread