Snapper Weed Eater Won't Stay Running !

Old 12-28-06, 10:00 AM
Unhappy Snapper Weed Eater Won't Stay Running !

Hi Guys,

My weed eater will turn over & sometimes starts, but will not stay running.
I put another spark plug in...still have the same problem.

Any Ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-06, 07:27 PM
Sounds like a carburetor problem, not delivering enough fuel for the engine to keep running. Try opening up the adjustment screws a little and see if that makes a difference.

Is the fuel fresh??

Old 12-28-06, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by 30yearTech View Post
Sounds like a carburetor problem, not delivering enough fuel for the engine to keep running. Try opening up the adjustment screws a little and see if that makes a difference.
I wish you'd posted that advice in my thread. I opened out the adjustment screws 90 degrees and the thing runs fine now

EDIT: No vB code or html, eh? Makes pointing to other posts a bit hard. Not even quotes???

Cheers for this advice, even tho it wasn't directed at me. My post is a couple days old about a Ryobi. Thanks again

Last edited by PoMo; 12-28-06 at 07:44 PM. Reason: vb code
Old 12-29-06, 07:17 AM
If you have an adjustable carburetor and turning the "H" needle out 1/4-1/2 turn has no effect you will need to remove the carb and soak and service it. If the richening of the needle does have favorable results and the needle doesn't have limiter caps, you will want to see exactly how many turns out the needle is now at in order to run well. If it is out more than two turns in order to run well this indicates you have a restriction in the carburetor and should opt to service the carburetor anyhow. You may want to remove the muffler and have a look at the cylinder before you perform any service that involves money. I have my mechanics do this on all two-stroke cycle engines that come into my shop for service. A worn piston and/or cylinder will not create enough vacuum to draw in any fuel mixture and give the impression of a lean condition.

Old 12-29-06, 07:57 AM
Talking

Thank You for your help, it cranked right up and stayed running...this site THE BEST !