removal of gen from engine

Old 01-08-07, 07:48 AM
Unhappy removal of gen from engine

trying to remove bs engine from powermate generator any help is greatly needed.
bs 4BSXS.2051HF 275821
POWERMATE GEN: MOD# PM0543000.01 SER. 92011460

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-07, 10:46 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I believe the gen. shaft is connected to the motor shaft by a taper connection, held together by a bolt torqued to 80-90 ft. lbs.. The gen. shaft slips OVER the motor shaft, with the bolt going through the gen. shaft.. You may have to disassemble the gen. to get to it..

I took a class on generators a few years ago, where we had to disassemble the gen. and motor down to their last bolts, and that's how mine was.. The tricky part was putting it back together.. We used a paperclip to hold the brushes back so they could be slipped over the commutator..

Old 01-08-07, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by JUNE-JUNE View Post
trying to remove bs engine from powermate generator any help is greatly needed.
bs 4BSXS.2051HF 275821
POWERMATE GEN: MOD# PM0543000.01 SER. 92011460
Usually…….as mentioned,you do have dissemble the whole generator.And the armature is bolted to the engines crankshaft.Most have a special flat washer on the bolt for locking purposes.

Old 01-08-07, 08:17 PM
Red face

there are no more bolts to take off it wont budge i have remove all the bolt onn the generator it wont slip apart do i need a pulley dont know where it would grab. help

Old 01-08-07, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by JUNE-JUNE View Post
there are no more bolts to take off it wont budge i have remove all the bolt onn the generator it wont slip apart do i need a pulley dont know where it would grab. help
OK....make double sure that you've got all the bolts out.Than take a piece of wood & a hammer and start tapping it lose.When you get to the armeter,(if you haven't already)find a solid place on it(away from any wires and do the same...rotating it 180' from time to time.
If you've got the bolt out that holds it to the crankshaft,this will vibrate it lose.Be careful with it....don't drop it, it's heavy!!!!

Old 01-09-07, 04:50 AM
Smile

thanks i was at the armeter and it work tapping 180 degree it loosen off thanks for all the reply.

Search this Thread