Removing Toro S-200 Rotor Pully [large]

Old 01-11-07, 07:10 PM
Thumbs down Removing Toro S-200 Rotor Pully [large]

Is This Pully Threaded CCW? or is it Pressed On?
Thank You!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-07, 02:27 PM
Don't think I've ever had one off but I believe it is threaded and it should be a standard RH thread. Post back with the model and serial numbers so I can do a lookup and inform you better.

Old 01-12-07, 06:56 PM
After removing nut which comes off ccw the pulley is suppose to pull off shaft. The pulley is not threaded on a S200. It could be rusted to shaft. Try spraying with PB Blaster and letting it sit over night.

Old 01-14-07, 12:33 PM
Thumbs down Removing Toro S-200 Rotor Pully [No Nut]

Thanks for your ultra fast post. This unit's Rotor pully [aprox. 7" dia] has no nut on the end of the shaft. The pully itself is cast with a 15/16" Hex at it's end. There is no room between this pully and the Left Side Plate [that the motor's bolted to] that anything other than a custom puller might work. Just so we're on the same page; this is the pully that drives the aluminum rotor drum with the 2 rubber blades sandwiched into it.

Old 01-14-07, 03:57 PM
S200 model has 2 diffrent pulley setups. 1 has a nut and the other has a hex bolt. the 1 with hex bolt remove bolt ccw and pull pulley straight of shaft.
It also has a keyway in shaft that keeps pulley from turning on shaft. I would say the pulley and key are rusted to shaft. Use a propane torch and put a small amount of heat on pulley close to the shaft to see if it will loosen up. I just dont know what else to tell you sorry. Could you give the model and serial numbers because I may be looking at wrong diagram. S200 is not the model number.

Old 01-14-07, 04:51 PM
After looking a little deeper in the books this is what Ive come up with. You say the pulley has a 15/16 hex molded in pulley as in one peice. So the pulley is threaded on the shaft with lefthand thread. Lock rotors with a piece of 2x4 and loose pulley by turning clockwise. Are you sure this is a S200 Or could it be S620.

Old 01-28-07, 08:53 AM
Red face S-200 Rotor Pully Removal

Thanks Again for your helpful reply. It is a S-200 and the pully and hex are molded/forged as one. I'll try your suggestion ASAP. Sorry for the delayed reply= OOT and away from any internet connection.

Search this Thread