Honda Generator EM2200X Stalls Under Load

Old 01-24-07, 07:15 PM
Question Honda Generator EM2200X Stalls Under Load

I need help please...

Generator stalls, with a load of 1500 Watts (small space heater). I tested with a volt meter, and output at outlets is approx 118 VAC. I do not have an o-scope to verify 60Hz.

Things I've tried: fresh fuel, cleaned fuel filter bowl, removed and cleaned carburator, changed oil, new spark plug.

I loosened the governor adjustment screw, by accident, while removing the carburator. I tried to get it back to the right setting... I'm thinking that may be part of the stalling problem under load.

Could it be an air leak in carburator, as I did not replace the gaskets?

Any tips on adjusting the governor?

Any tips on adjusting the carburator?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-07, 12:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
An air leak is possible. The plastic intake adapter behind the carb could be cracked too. The governor would be my first place to look though. Loosen the governor screw, set the carb throttle to wide open. Rotate the governor shaft to wide open, and then tighten the governor screw while holding the shaft in the wide open position.

Old 01-31-07, 05:17 PM
Thanks for your help. I tried adjusting the governor, but I am not sure I am doing it right. I turned the idle mixture screw on the carb until it gently seats, and then backed it out three turns. I noticed the generator seems to run smoother with the choke partially closed, is that a sign of a vacuum leak? Should I try the carburator gasket kit next?

Old 01-31-07, 09:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like you have either an air leak, or the carb is still in need of cleaning.