Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Winterizing now

PA

02-02-07, 05:12 PM   #1  
Winterizing now

Ok, so Im a bit late. But we didnt really get winter weather in my area until maybe 3 weeks ago. It was 70 one day in Jan!! Anyway, I put off winterizing my lawn tractor and push mower.

- Can I still winterize? I was going to change the oil and either drain the gas or use some stabilizer.

- Or could I just start the engine and run it for a bit every few weeks?

I figure in two months or so I'll be using them again.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

02-02-07, 11:36 PM   #2  
I live in a warm area too. I never do any "winterizing" on my equipment. I try to run it every 3 or 4 weeks to keep things working. That's what I'd do...especially since warm weather will be back in 4 to 6 weeks again. (In my area anyway). If the oil needs changing, do it when needed, etc... There are some winterizing and spring prep tips in one of the sticky posts at the top of the thread list on the forum page.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

PA

02-03-07, 07:56 AM   #3  
Thanks! Thats what I was hoping to hear. I really dont live in a warm area (PA), but this year has just been riduculous. So I think I might have gotten away with it. My wife just confirmed it didnt get cold here untli Jan 15th. So, yea, Im hoping I can just start them up this weekend and, like you said, do regular maintenance. Im all up on the spring maintenance stuff b/c I did it last year --- by using this forum!

thank you!!!

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

02-03-07, 10:11 PM   #4  
Glad to help!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread