Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Atlas Snow Blower Parts

02-07-07, 02:22 PM   #1  
Atlas Snow Blower Parts

I have an Atlas snowblower with a model number A 5220 M, or SC 5220 M, not sure witch one. I need a worm gear part number 612903. I really only need half of the worm gear, the one that sits on the auger shaft. I have been told MTD owns this brand now and they have discontinued the part. Can anyone possible help me out?

Sponsored Links

NY

02-07-07, 04:51 PM   #2  
I can only suggest doing a search on the web. I doubt you'll have much luck though. If you had a shop in your area that services snowthrowers I'd check with them for a possible match with another brands' worm gear. I'll bet that the one you need is similar to MTD's or Murray's.

CO

02-08-07, 01:48 PM   #3  
Atlas cross

I think that the correct cross to Murray-Briggs for your Atlas gear is part number 51405MA the gasket is part number 51279MA. The dimensions for the gear are 1 29/32" OD / 3/4" ID KEYED / 21/32" THICK / 22 TEETH / 3/16" KEY SLOT / BRASS. With the most important being the number of teeth. You should look very closely at the other gear though clean it up and put a straight edge across it to see if it is worn. Most of the time it is. Let us know how this works out.

Here is a link to a picture of the Murray version of the gear box.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j106/aj-allen/P1000218.jpg

The distance center on center of the top two bolts is 4"

Let me know if yours looks like this

AJ

Search this Thread