Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Can you get hydraulics from a hydro tranny?

MI

02-07-07, 08:48 PM   #1  
Can you get hydraulics from a hydro tranny?

I seen this thing like a little weed whacker that mounted on your mower deck and it ran off hydraulic pressure from the hydrostatic tranny. I was wondering if I could run hydraulics off my craftsman or can you only tap into hydraulics off a bigger commercial mower?

Sponsored Links

FL

02-08-07, 04:28 AM   #2  
Posted By: michaeljp86 I seen this thing like a little weed whacker that mounted on your mower deck and it ran off hydraulic pressure from the hydrostatic tranny. I was wondering if I could run hydraulics off my craftsman or can you only tap into hydraulics off a bigger commercial mower?
I don't know where you would tap into at, as the transmissions are sealed, you can't even change the fluid.

MI

02-08-07, 04:57 AM   #3  
Posted By: Pendragon I don't know where you would tap into at, as the transmissions are sealed, you can't even change the fluid.
I was thinking the same thing, it must just be some of the commercial mowers that you can do this on, thats what the weed whacker thing was on.

02-08-07, 08:09 AM   #4  
when you have a system with a seperate hydro pump you can tap into the output. whether or not the delivered pressure and gpm are enough to do the work you are looking for is another issue. i'd be concered about contamination also.

Search this Thread