(Lawn tractor won't start) I'am Lost.

Old 02-16-07, 02:18 AM
Wink (Lawn tractor won't start) I'am Lost.

It's been sometime. I see the website has taken off. I have a problem with
me lawn mower. I'am lost of were to try an ask a question. I think It's me.
Please don't get me wrong. I love this site. Here is the question. I have a fearly
new sears lawn tractor. 18 horse. About 5 are less years old. I was plowing snow the other day. I need to get gas. I left the tractor out. I came back and put gas in it. And it wouldn't start. I don't run out of gas. It is getting fuel. I see it looks like it getting no spark. I replace the Armature. This seem not to work. I check
the safety switch. If anyone can tell were to go on this web site for Help. I would be thankful. Bill

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-07, 04:58 PM
You are in the right place.

Your machine very likely has one or more safety switches built into it, likely under the tractor. You didn't say if your were using a push blade or a blower attachement.

A wire may be pulled off one of the switches, faulty switch, etc.

It would be rare that the ignition system itself would fail. Wiring failure is the most common cause of no spark.

Old 02-16-07, 10:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
What make and model engine is on it? (you're in the right forum, by the way).

Old 02-17-07, 05:33 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
Just a thought, but if this occurred in freezing temps with melting and freezing snow..., try moving the tractor into a heated area, allow to sit above freezing temps and see if problem is still present.

Old 02-17-07, 07:13 AM
I have a similar problem with my Murray GT garden tractor. (Briggs 18HP opposed twin) Temps have been around zero degrees here. The tractor starts, but then dies after a few minutes. After that, it will not start and gets no spark. Think it has something to do with the cold and being stored in an unheated shed. But you'd think if it started it would still get a spark?

Old 02-17-07, 03:47 PM
Azis
Visiting Guest
My thoughts were more along the line of moisture freezing/thawing and shorting out a safety switch or similar exposed area of the kill circuit.