Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troy-Built 2-Cycle Trimmer

02-20-07, 03:25 PM   #1  
Troy-Built 2-Cycle Trimmer

The pull cord recently frayed and broke off near the attachment on the pulley/starter inside the engine housing. I am trying to disassemble the trimmer to get to that part to replace the cord, but can not figure out how to remove the 'clutch rotor assembly' (as called out in the parts breakdown from MTD).

Does anyone have any knowledge of how to remove this part to release the engine housing or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks...

Matt

Sponsored Links

AL

02-20-07, 05:52 PM   #2  
You didn't tell us what model teimmer u have.But most string trimmers these days has a small screw inside the clutch drum where the drive cable goes that has to come off first.

02-20-07, 06:37 PM   #3  
Sorry...the model is TB70SS....The last screw i was able to see and remove left me with this last piece to remove in order to free the engine casing/housing.....

thanks....

Matt

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

02-20-07, 09:20 PM   #4  
Without using special tools, you can push some pull rope down in the spark plug hole to stop the engine from turning, and use a brass punch to knock the clutch in the direction required for removal.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread