simplicty snowblower

Old 03-03-07, 05:49 PM
simplicty snowblower

Simplicity 8hp 24" cut

I ran over my kid's grind rail with the snowblower and bent the shaft between the front gearbox and the chute. The shear pins didn't break. I can't quite figure out how to disassemble the shaft. Do I need to dismantle belt pulleys? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-07, 09:55 PM
tommyraiders81
Unfortunately that sounds like a pretty large job but it can be repaired...You'll have to split the blower and remove the auger pulley then remove all the mounting bolts for the auger then dismantel the damaged shaft. Let us know how you do.

snoman

Old 03-04-07, 09:48 AM
You are probably in for a real hard time pulling that shaft.

First you need to take the plastic belt cover off. You will see two bolts on each side of the machine. Take the top bolts out and loosen or remove the two bottom bolts. This will split the machine between the engine platform and the chute housing.

The pulley on the inside end of that shaft can cause you no end of headaches. The pulley isn't much more than sheet metal and is usually seized on. I've had to destroy more than one of those pulley's just to get the hub off the shaft but only then can you remove the shaft.

If you decide to go for a new shaft, it's probably wise to order a new pulley too.