Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need info on a craftsman brushwacker.....

NY

03-12-07, 10:38 AM   #1  
Need info on a craftsman brushwacker.....

I purchased a Craftsman Brushwacker model #358.797270 at a yard sale. This brushwacker did not come with a blade and I need to find on. Can buy one at Sear's for the big bucks or buy one on e-bay for half the cost. My problem is I need to know the hole size in the center of the blade. If it just fit over the shaft I could just measure that, but it doesn't. Anyone know where I can get specs on this brushwacker. Maybe it'll show the size of the washer thing that sits at the bottem of the shaft where the blade fits over. Couldn't find nothing at Sear's, I looked all over and couldn't come up with anything. Thanks........

Sponsored Links

NY

03-12-07, 11:32 AM   #2  
Does your drive end have reference #13 in the following link? http://www3.sears.com/imaging/ImagePageJava.shtml?productTypeID=1503820&brandID=0247&modelDesc=BRUSHWACKER&modelNumber=358797270&documentID=00048579&documentTypeID=PLDM&documentClassCode=PM&titleType=BRUSHWACKER&titleID=00001&
If not then this is what is labeled "dust cap" but is also the blade adapter and is required to mount the blade. The blade arbor size will, generally, be either 20mm or 1" and the dust cap can be measured to determine this. Yours is most likely the one inch.

03-16-09, 07:30 AM   #3  
Craftsman Brushwacker 32cc

I don't know if you still have a need for information regarding the Craftsman Brushwacker you have since it's been over a few years. I happen to have one for a long time and just joined this forum recently. The arbor size for the blade is 20mm and can use the 1" if you have the adapter. Blades are no longer available from Sears parts, but all other parts are available. I have the manual and can make a pdf file for pertinent portions for you if you wish. I have found a vendor online in Wisconsin or Michigan that sells the blades and has a Beaver Blade with chain saw tooths that can be used on the brushwacker. I just bought one of those and have it installed but the fuel line on the old brushwacker just fell apart from age. So have to wait until I get the replacement part to try out the new Beaver Blade. This blade fits 1" or 20mm arbors. It comes with an adapter for the 20mm arbor. The blade is kind of pricey, but users claim it is much better and longer lasting than the saw tooth blade. I've been through a few of the saw tooth blades and they don't last very long.

Search this Thread