Toro 2450 snowblower starter rope

Old 03-17-07, 12:00 PM
Toro 2450 snowblower starter rope

I have a Toro 2450 snowblower. The handle for the starter rope came off and the starter rope retracted inside the unit.

I opened up the case but I don't see an easy way to retrieve the end of the rope.

Any suggestions on how to grab the end of the rope? Any online instructions on replacing the starter rope?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-07, 12:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Why are you posting so many times.. Give people time to read your question before you go making a mess of threads..

Is there a C-clip holding the recoil in place?

Old 03-17-07, 12:18 PM
I only posted this question once. Not sure what you are seeing online.

I don't see a clip, it appears to be bolted in, maybe I am looking in the wrong spot. Is a clip typical?

Old 03-17-07, 02:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Not sure what my browser was doing.. Sry bout that..

Old 03-18-07, 12:17 PM
This is one of those where you are going to have to take both of the upper and lower shouds off and then remove the fuel tank. Take the engine shroud and recoil off as one unit. The rope will have to be fished out of the recoil pulley and some tension applied to the recoil spring. Then you have the job of threading the rope back through the holes in the shroud. It works best if you pull out about 18 inches of rope from the recoil and hold it with a clamp or slip knot. Put the shroud back on the engine and reinstall the fuel tank. As you reinstall the lower shroud you can route the rope through counsul cover and put the handle on the rope. Remove the clamp before putting the upper shroud cover back on. Good luck.

Search this Thread