Intek governor solved THANK YOU ALL!

Old 03-18-07, 02:24 AM
Smile Intek governor solved THANK YOU ALL!

Good Morning,
I just wanted first to THANK all of you who helped me with this problem so THANK YOU!
I also wanted to pass on some information for others who may have this problem at some point. My engine is an B&S Intek snow #12D413 0019 E1 date code 000808FD. What I found was that it is a good idea to replace both springs at the same time!. As you all know by now my governor spring broke the long one. I replaced this but she would idle way over her limit. There are two springs on this the long one and a short one on the other side of the lever to the governor shaft. The other day I replaced the short one also and fired her up and she is now running great with no adjustments. So I guess putting on a new long spring was too much for the old short spring but when replacing this one also it put her right back.
So I guess that if your going to replace one it's a good idea to replace the other at the same time it worked for me. So Thank you all and this forum I don't know what I would do with out all your help!. Will,

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-07, 04:12 PM
Thanks for posting back. Always good to hear a success story. Too many guys just disappear and leave us all hanging wondering if the problem was ever solved or not.