10 hp Intek on Commercial Billy Goat Blower

Old 03-24-07, 09:14 PM
10 hp Intek on Commercial Billy Goat Blower

Hello all & Cheese:

I found a worn push rod, replaced it and the engine cranked easily. I ran it for about 15 minutes and it ran perfectly! When I killed the engine with the on/off switch it backfired and quit. It will NOT crank again. NO COMPRESION at all. Am I correct to assume the probable cause is a stuck valve? Please correct me if I'm wrong but if I am correct is there any way to free valves on an Intek, save dismantling the entire engine? This is my first Intek? Thanks in advance, Ron

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-07, 09:24 PM
Additional Information

After a bit more thought I am questioning my thinking about the stuck valve.
When the engine is turned over the push rods DO NOT fall out/off the rocker arm. Can a valve be stuck and the push rod continue to work?

Old 03-25-07, 12:11 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hi Ron!

You can see the stem of the valve with the valve cover off. If the valve doesn't come back when the rocker arm relieves the pressure on it, then it's sticking. If the valve comes back, but not all the way, it's a good chance that the valve seat has come out of the head.

Repair of the valves only requires removal of the head. You can remove the valves from the head and make the necessary repairs.

I think I'd verify that the piston is moving (connecting rod is not broken), and if the piston is in fact moving, move on to checking the valves from there.