Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman is leaking tranny oil

MI

03-30-07, 06:56 PM   #1  
Craftsman is leaking tranny oil

I got a big problem, the craftsman lawn tractor I just bought is leaking oil from the left axle. I moved it today and seen oil on the floor and seen it was leaking out the seal where the axle is. Its only about 3 years old and is hydrostatic. Is this a easy fix or a big problem?

Sponsored Links

NY

03-31-07, 07:52 AM   #2  
Chances are, you will find no parts available for the tranny as the majority of hydros are non-servicable. However, you may have a industrial supplier in your area that you can check with for seals. Remove the troubled one and take it with you and in case you ruin it, bring along the specs for it, OD, ID, depth and single or dual lip. Have you checked on the Sears site for the breakdown and parts availablility for you model unit?

MI

03-31-07, 05:06 PM   #3  
I had no idea sears web site would have a breakdown for it. Its leaking pretty good and I have no idea why it started leaking. I did look under it and the tranny has bolts where you can split in in half. There is 2 industrial supply places by me, one has bearings and soem seals and the other is all hydraulic parts and seals. So I guess I got another project on my hands. If this isnt a sevicable transmission they is there a plug to add fluid?

Search this Thread