Porter Cable Pressure Washer

Old 03-31-07, 11:30 AM
Question Porter Cable Pressure Washer

Customer brought this pressure washer for me to repair,it has a kohler engine on it,he said it would not start,the model #CH15T, SPEC NO 44535,SR 3322407231,KOHLER COMMAND PRO 15,I told him I have not worked on this type of engine,just Briggs and tecumseh engine up to 6.5 hp.I looked up on the kohler home page could not come up with any info on this engine.He wanted me to see if I could get it running.What should the compression be ballpark guess,I know it has a compression release,and can I use the briggs spark tester on this type of engine.It is a OHV engine.

Thanks
Jerry

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-07, 12:10 PM
The compression should B about the same as any other type.An internal combustion engine is an internal combustion engine,or at lest,that's what I go by.Some of the other seecs are differant but you need a certen amount of compression to make any engine crank.I'd go with no less than 70 lb Min.

Old 04-02-07, 07:40 PM
Smile

Thanks repair guy,I check the compression,my guage showed 55#,I clean the carb,and it started up ran great,thanks again.

Old 03-07-10, 09:02 AM
I have a Kohler CH15T with sticking decompression system which is causing compression to be too high. I am unable to start the engine and I need to know how to find that function.

Old 03-08-10, 12:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It is on the camshaft. I have run into this issue before as well. The pin that holds the compression release flyweight works loose and interferes with the proper rotation of the flyweight and keeps it held open, as if the engine was running and keeping the comp release from working.