smokin toro

Old 03-31-07, 05:53 PM
smokin toro

hey everyone,
i have a toro personal pace mower about 3 years old. For the begining of the mowing season I changed the air filter, oil, plug, drained gas and cleaned the carb. The grass shot up here and although it was still wet I had to cut it while there were still showers for the next few days. Front and side yards are flat and I bagged that and it did well. The back is a steep incline and I always put on the mulch attatchment. After a while it started to bog down, then stall. I know, from the thick wet grass. then, on turns, it would bog down, belch out lots of white smoke and die. I checked the oil and its fine. This happened about five more times until I finished mowing. My question is, did I just overexert my mower in the wet grass or is this a sign I need to worry about. In the past it has died in thick grass but never spewed out the white smoke. Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-07, 06:41 PM
Ordinarily, white smoke suggests water in the fuel. If the smoke was more blueish, that would be oil getting up into the cylinder when mowing on an incline. Usually best to go straight up and down inclines rather than run the mower tilted to either side, especially the carb side.

Search this Thread