Gilson Riding Mower Briggs & Stratton 282707 0026 01 9507264D

Old 05-10-09, 03:52 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
One more thought on Mr. Gilson. I have a push mower with
a bagger and bag grass for the landlord's sheep. I pull
the cart with my Mr. Gilson. Started right off after a long
cold winter and we took off to get some grass. Problem
when I wanted to shut the engine off-would not shut off.
Thought if I had a tree out there I could probably run it up
against the tree and it would die. Noticed a wire running
along the side of the motor and wondered what would happen if I pressed the throttle wire against it. Worked. The motor
stopped. I will continue to do this as I don't want to start
with a new switch and have the problems you had.

Happy Mothers day!!

Old 04-30-10, 04:21 PM
N
I could really use a wiring diagram on my 79 Montgomery wards it starts and runs fine Pto won't do anything light or clutch. I have tested light and clutch and both work fine. somebody has had their fingures in it and I would like to check wiring. tractor # GIL33422 A

Old 05-18-10, 03:36 PM
W
Thumbs up Gilson Parts/owners manuals

Originally Posted by rebtris View Post
It's been a long time since this thread was started but I thought I would post this info in case it's any help to anyone. I have a wiring diagram, in fact I have all the owners manuals, parts manuals etc for the Gilson tractor. If anyone would like to have a copy of something, please let me know and I'll try to get something scanned and sent to you.
Dear Rebtris, I was so glad to see your post! I have a friend trying to to get a Gilson running again. The model number is 53040. I'm not sure of the year. She needs the parts and owners manual. Thank you in advance! Linda

Old 06-04-10, 04:55 PM
R
Gilson

Originally Posted by rebtris View Post
It's been a long time since this thread was started but I thought I would post this info in case it's any help to anyone. I have a wiring diagram, in fact I have all the owners manuals, parts manuals etc for the Gilson tractor. If anyone would like to have a copy of something, please let me know and I'll try to get something scanned and sent to you.
I need a part number for a 12.5 hp v twin IC Ignition Coil. This unit is so old that part numbers are near imposable to read. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: