ryobi carb settings

Old 04-01-07, 12:58 PM
ryobi carb settings

i've read the posts on setting the high and low needle,but i feel dumb as i don't know the location. the problem is it starts fine but will only run at 1/2 choke and not well. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-07, 01:48 PM
I assume we're talking about a string trimmer here.

On top of the carb, there should be two very small screws with slotted heads. One for idle; one for high speed. One of the screws may have a colored plastic cap on it to make it non-adjustable or restricted to a narrow range of factory presets.

If it ran good before and nothing has changed, you likely have restricted fuel flow through the carb and need to clean it out. Those little carbs can be real tricky and cleaning may be best left to an experienced service tech.

Old 04-01-07, 08:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I generally like to start with both screws set around 1 1/2 turns out from lightly seated, and then fine tune from there.

Old 04-02-07, 07:13 AM
string trimmer

ya it's a string trimmer. the manual states that if it only runs on 1/2 choke that it needs carb ajustment by factory trained teck. local hardware only works on still products. thought i would ask questions so as i could do this. i see no ajustment screws except the screw that ajusts idle from cable in and out on tapperd screw to alow throttle arm to move. there is a small plastic cap that covers something below this screw. i didn't want to pry this off without some instruction.thats the reason of this post. thanks