Cordless Craftsman Trimmer Charging Problem

Old 04-02-07, 04:55 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cordless Craftsman Trimmer Charging Problem

I have a cordless Craftsman weedwacker/trimmer. It seems it will not charge anymore...only about 5 years old. The led light on the charger plug, that plugs into the wall seems to not even show 'red' anymore (meaning it needs to charge)... doesn't light at all. Is there something wrong with the charging mechanism, or could it be the batteries in the weedwacker itself? If it was the batteries, wouldn't the light still illuminate RED on the plug itself? I don't want to go and buy new batteries if the problem is really with the charger.

Old 04-02-07, 02:00 PM
B
You're very lucky to get 5 years out of it. I know a few that don't last 5 months.

I imagine your batteries are toast and new batteries might cost you more than a new machine.

Old 04-04-07, 04:50 AM
F
Thanks....

Any recomendations on a replacement unit brand/model.... sounds like you'd recommend something 'gas' and not electric?

Old 04-04-07, 05:31 AM
B
I like the Weed Eater Fetherlite series; nice and light and very reliable - and cheap. And for those that don't like winding on line on the spool, prewound spools are available.

I also like the Ryobi for the line of attachments available. Little rototiller, sidewalk edger, etc. and other Expand-It products.

I use a Weed Eater now with great success but am waiting for a sale on Ryobi. I'll be first in line for that one.

Old 04-04-07, 06:45 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
If you have used an electric for 5 trouble free years and been satisfied, I would stick with just that.
Personally I don't consider ANY Cheap gas string trimmer on the market as "Reliable". Not to say that many trouble free years of service can not be had from one, just that they are designed to be disposable.

I cant help much on your battery or charger, not even sure if you should be able to measure voltage on the charger. It may not put out any voltage unless its correctly plugged in.
A new battery and or charger may cost you half of what a new cheap gas trimmer would, but you would most likely be set for at least another 5 yrs.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: