Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Peerless Transaxle #6265-P1

04-04-07, 09:33 AM   #1  
Peerless Transaxle #6265-P1

Greetings All,
Has anyone taken one of these apart? Will springs and things go flying across the room? Also is there a manual or schematic to be purchased? There a replacement unit for around $500.00 (799031) if all else fails.
The model number is 205-024c, I just found that out. There is a kit with oil and a baffle for around $30.00, has anyone put one of these in a transaxle?
My Ex gave me the Murray because it won't go up inclines in her yard, the repair shop told her that there was nothing they could do, just to get rid of it. Since it wasn't worth a Huey, she gave it to me. It would do my heart a world of good if I could get this fixed as cheaply as possible or just lie about it to show what a "good deal" I got.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks,
david

Last edited by dk0257; 04-04-07 at 12:40 PM. Reason: to add info on transaxle

Sponsored Links

AL

04-04-07, 02:39 PM   #2  
Posted By: dk0257 Greetings All,
Has anyone taken one of these apart? Will springs and things go flying across the room? Also is there a manual or schematic to be purchased? There a replacement unit for around $500.00 (799031) if all else fails.
The model number is 205-024c, I just found that out. There is a kit with oil and a baffle for around $30.00, has anyone put one of these in a transaxle?
My Ex gave me the Murray because it won't go up inclines in her yard, the repair shop told her that there was nothing they could do, just to get rid of it. Since it wasn't worth a Huey, she gave it to me. It would do my heart a world of good if I could get this fixed as cheaply as possible or just lie about it to show what a "good deal" I got.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks,
david
I've got 100's of trans. manuals in PDF format (peerless,foote,pencer)
look on the transmission itself and reply back with name brand and model number and we'll see what you've got.But normally most trannys has just got two small springs & two tiny steel balls you have to watch out for,these goes under the shifter fork to keep it in gear.Thats the only things that I can think of that may come out and get lost.

Visiting Guest

04-04-07, 04:06 PM   #3  
Azis
Posted By: repair_guy But normally most trannys has just got two small springs & two tiny steel balls you have to watch out for,these goes under the shifter fork to keep it in gear.Thats the only things that I can think of that may come out and get lost.
Is there a brake/clutch return spring hooked to the housing?

10-05-08, 08:44 AM   #4  
Hi
I have the same problem where it will not go up the slightest incline. I was wondering if you were able to sovle the problem with your peerless unit. Any info will help.
Thanks
the_carguy

OK

10-06-08, 07:31 AM   #5  
You have a Peerless VST (variable speed transmission) on a Murray with one pedal to go forward and reverse.
Section 11 in following doc is about as much info you will find anywhere on this model.

http://www.cpdonline.com/691218.pdf

Tecumseh/Peerless Motion Driveline Transmissions and Differentials
(right click, save target as, etc.)

I've got one of these that, surprisingly, still works.
hope this helps,
thanks,

CO

07-13-11, 01:33 PM   #6  
6265-p1

Hi Repair Guy,

I have a 6265-P1 axle and was wondering if you could send me the pdf file for the beakdown of this axle? My email address is contactinfonotallowed.

Thanks,

Grandpop

Last edited by the_tow_guy; 07-14-11 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Email address removed; not allowed in the post.

IL

11-01-11, 03:06 PM   #7  
Murray 18.5 HP won't go forward or in reversereverse

HI I have a murray 18.5 riding mower wont go forward or backwards

It has a peerless 205 024C 6265-p1

I have taken it apart and valves seem fine however oil was very thick and black
have any ideas or a manual?
thanks in advance for any help

Search this Thread