Replacement engine for Honda HR194

Old 04-06-07, 07:30 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacement engine for Honda HR194

I have a Honda pushmower that is need of rebuild and have been advised it may be cheaper to purchase a new engine than to do a rebuild. I mistakenly went out and purchased a Honda motor from Northern Tool prior to removing the HR194 on my mower and then realized the bolt pattern on the deck does not match up with the new motors bolt pattern and the hole in the deck is slighltly too large for the new motor to just drill holes for the new bolt pattern. Does anyone know if there is a replacement Honda motor with the same bolt pattern as the Honda HR 194 or alternatively if Honda still makes this engine?

Old 04-06-07, 02:15 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Your best bet would probably be to access the Honda web site and ask them directly. The engine you bought was probably designed for another use, i.e. pressure washer, etc. Another issue with replacement engines is the length of the crankshaft. People are always grabbing up bargains on new engines and finding out too late the crankshaft is too long, too short, etc.

Old 04-06-07, 08:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Would you be up to rebuilding the engine yourself? Chances are, the only thing the old engine will need are rings and gaskets. That's cheap enough. Hondas rarely have enough wear inside to require much more than a freshen-up with rings.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: