dixon wont start

Old 04-06-07, 10:37 AM
Unhappy dixon wont start

i have a 94 dixon zrt 3362 with a B/S 13hp model 28m707 type 0140 01.the mowers oil drain was leaking and when mowing i got stuck at an angle the mower died the mow deck was in the dirt,got the deck up disengaged,back on level ground started the mowe it ran then died.the starter wont spin the motor i can spin it with socket on flywheel.meet resistance at one point along with squeeking like a belt then smooth around.any ideas?thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-07, 11:21 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
Does the starter engage the engine and attempt to turn? If so remove the spark plug and try it. You should be able to turn it by hand also.

Old 04-06-07, 11:29 AM
yes

it engages and i can turn by hand,a bit hard, i think piston moves freely

Old 04-06-07, 11:34 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
Remove the spark plug and see, if it cranks spin it a bit and see if any fluid comes out the spark plug hole.

Old 04-06-07, 11:42 AM
none,the starter wont spin it,i can by hand with socket.no cylinder wall scoring.comprison is there[no gauge]

Old 04-06-07, 12:28 PM
Azis
Visiting Guest
Check to see if either belt has tension on it, or turns when you turn the engine.
Was there any oil left in the engine? Has it been refilled?
With the spark plug removed and the belts off, it should spin freely by hand without a socket.

Old 04-06-07, 03:05 PM
Do you have any noise whatsoever when you load the ignition key to the start position? Rapid clicks, humm, clunk, anything? Are all levers in neutral (start-ready) position?

Old 04-06-07, 07:52 PM
there is a hum

Old 04-06-07, 08:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Make sure the starter gear is engaging the flywheel. Sounds to me like your crankshaft bushing has siezed due to lack of oil. I assume the oil was low when you checked? Since you said the engine was leaking, and you were mowing on an incline when it died, I tend to think you have internal damage.

Search this Thread